Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, November 30, 2009

Info Post

I love Avellino, particularly a little town called TAURASI. This town, home to wineries such as Cantina Caggiano, wine tasting events such as Anteprima Taurasi and the late, great Fiera Enologica Taurasi, has called me back on several occasions since I pulled into its centro storico several years ago. Whenever I go, I have to stop by Giuseppe’s.

Everyone knows Peppe. He runs a little agriturismo called ‘Agriturismo Taurasi’. Hard to find on a map, but worth the trip. I took my folks there last week for Thanksgiving. No turkey, but we stuffed ourselves on antipasti that just kept coming to include, onion soup, a prosciutto and salami tray, eggplant parmagiana, and asparagus with prosciutto rolled in cheese. A few choices on the menu for the first course. I chose cavatelli con asparigi while Dad and David had fusilli con ragu. Our second course, agnello alla brace (lamb cooked on the barbecue) was everyone’s favorite. No room for dessert this trip. But there was room for the house wine-an aglianico (of course).

So, if you find yourself in the area, stop by for a bite to eat. They are closed Sunday evening, Monday and Tuesday. I highly recommend calling to reserve a table, especially on Sundays. The number is 333 4967971. Tell them Karen sent you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment