Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Info Post

I remember the first time I met my Winerdì partner in crime,  Vincenzo Di Meo. It was at Ciao Vino last fall, our first Winerdì event. A young, simpatico, intelligent enologist who has a passion for all things vino. After the wine tasting was over, he said goodbye and he called me……signora….. STOP!….

 
At first I felt old. But then I realized that he was being polite and respectful. I am proud to have him as my friend.


I am also excited about attending his wine tasting at La Sibilla on the 20th. This Saturday at 5pm, La Sibilla in Bacoli will open their doors to give us a glance at their way of life. Vincenzo, with his family will not only treat us to a walk through the vineyards (weather permitting), but we will participate in a wine tasting of a rare Campi Flegrei wine, Marsiliano. Vincenzo, a highly respected young enologist, will lead us through a vertical wine tasting of three vintages; 2008, 2007 and 2006. And that’s not all, no that’s not all. A buffet full of Slow Food specialties prepared by the family to include minestra maritata, zuppa di cichiercie, fave beans and pancetta. Afterwards, for those who desire, una bella cigar with Salvatore Di Meo.


The cost of the event is 30 Euro and reservations can be made by contacting Salvatore at 3296007442 or salvatoredimeo88@libero.it


La Sibilla


Via Ottaviano augusto 19, Bacoli


P.S.  I am no longer signora....but Karen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment