Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, February 21, 2010

Info Post


I am really having a hard time writing this blog.  I don't know
where to start or what to include....
I could write about how Vincenzo took us around La Sibilla's
 vineyards , explained his winery's history, and showed us the
 cantina antica located on an archelogical site.....
Or... I could say how much I enjoyed watching the bonfire
 while sipping a glass of Marsiliano 2007.....
Maybe I should say how Vincenzo did an excellent job of
 guiding us through a wine tasting (Italian nad English) of
 Marsilian 2006, 2007, and 2008-fresh from the barrel.....
I really want to discuss the meal and the wide variety of
dishes prepared by the family served with a smile.....
I can't leave out, though, the cuban cigar presentation
which almost had this nonsmoker lighting up....almost....

What I DEFINITELY must say is how much I felt a part of
 the family.  From the time that Vincenzo 'rescued' me as
 I lost my way to La Sibilla.  From the moment I shook
hands with Luigi Di Meo (Vincenzo's dad), Salvatore (his
 brother) and Nonno Vincenzo.  I felt at home as I mingled
 with wives, aunts, uncles,cousins, girlfriends, boyfriends,
and other friends of the family.  Maybe it was that spirit
of famiglia that the Di Meos have.  How they mingled with
 their guests, made sure you had enough wine, food, were
warm enough.How at one point, one of the guests
pulled out a guitar and the group broke out into song,
including' Happy Birthday' to one of my friends and
Neapolitan classics such as 'Ol' Sole Mio'.

So, as you can see, I really am stuck on this one....

Maybe I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves...................

0 comments:

Post a Comment