Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, March 1, 2010

Info Post
When I decided to attend a dinner at Cantine Caggiano, I knew I would need a place to stay overnight.  I wanted a place in the centro storico, somehwere comfortable, clean, carino.  A friend suggested that I get in touch with Alessandro Barletta.  He is the owner of Al Campanaro, a bed and breakfast just 30 meters from the castle.  I made my reservation and on Saturday afternoon, checked into my room.

It was exactly what I wanted-no, more.  This b&b is perfect for someone who wants to feel part of the town.  My room was on the secondo piano and my balcony had a perfect view of the castello and bell tower. In the small lobby, there is plenty of reading material on the food and wines of Irpinia.  That makes sense because Alessandro, besides being the owner, is a sommelier, delegato and promoter of Go WIne Taurasi DOCG, as well as deeply involved in Slow Food and Pro Loco Taurasi.

Downstairs, below the lobby, there is an amazing cantina with an excellent selection of wines from throughout the area.  Names like Mastroberardino and Caggiano were evident as well as many others.  Next door, there is a sala degustazione (wine tasting room) where Sandro can entertain up to 20 guests with wine tastings as well as trying the areas typical products.

My room was cozy and warm.  I almost didn't want to get out of bed the next morning.  As I checked out and walked down the street, I had one thought that went through my mind......I'll be back.....


0 comments:

Post a Comment