Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Info Post
Aperitivo time, Aiello del Sabato (Av)…Il Cielo Azzurro

A small bar, simple furnishings…basic stuff. Nothing really out of the ordinary.

Except for …except maybe the Fiano ice cream made with Privilegio 1997 (a passito from Feudi di San Gregorio)

Except for …except maybe that the man who made and served me my ice cream was Antonio Del Franco (ex Ais Campania president)

Except for…except maybe a grape vine. A vine that started out on one side of the patio, and over the years has spread up and over the terrace…forming a pergola, a protective covering from the sun. One vine, planted about 20 years ago…A vine that kept me transfixed while I enjoyed my Fiano ice cream…relaxed…took it easy... put my feet up …

Antonio told me that the grape  belongs to the sangiovese family. .  Chosen from the nursery so long ago...planted without any particular plan…without any particular direction….

He told me Le cose involontario sono le cose più belleUnintentional things are the most beautiful.

True...vero

Like a walk through a centro storico...

Like a quiet moment at aperitivo time…

Under a blue sky..with a touch of Sangiovese…



0 comments:

Post a Comment