Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, February 27, 2011

Info Post

I remember the first time I visited Feud de San Gregorio.  It was a few summers ago.  I remember the jaw dropping moment as I walked through the red elevator doors that lead  into an immaculate piazza  I have been back several times since then, and each time I go, however, I learn something new about one of Campania's largets wineries.  Last Friday evening,  I took a group of wine lovers to visit  Feudi dei San Gregorio in Sorbo Serpico (Av), less than an hour from Naples.  After a visit and tour with Chef Paolo Barrale of his Michelen Star Restaurant, we sat down with a glass of DUBL Aglianico Rosè, a sparkling wine.  Then down, down, down to the cantina.  300 stainless steel vats.  3,000 French oak barrels.   A glass of DUBL Falanghina sparkling wine, Rubrato Aglianico 2009, Privelegio 2008, a dessert wine made with a blend of Fiano di Avellino and Falanghina  and an amazing buffet prepared by Marennà were waiting for us as well.

I think I saw a few jaws drop...


P.S.  What did I learn this time?  That Rubrato comes from Latin...with a really loose translation, it means dark, red, strong .  And it went really well with Marennà's pasta and potatoes with truffles.



Feudi dei San Gregorio
Localita Cerza Grossa
Sorbo Serpico (Av)

0 comments:

Post a Comment