Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, October 21, 2011

Info Post
I needed an idea and I was stuck.  I wanted to use Villa Matilde's sweet flavored Gelatina in a dish with ingredients that would be a total contrast.  I needed a boost. A kick start. So I sought out a friend who could surely give me a hand...Chef Tony.

Make a soup...then pair it with homemade pecorino ice cream, he suggested.  Facile...

Ok, easy...I thought, but there are dozens of different cheeses to choose from. I needed more advice.  A chat with my Maestro at my favorite Enoteca/Salumeria for some more advice.  I walked away with a flavorful slice of aged pecorino from Filiano (Pz).

Ingredients for 2:  200 g of Gelatina extra di Falanghina, 50g of aged pecorino cheese, 50 g of parmeggiano reggiano cheese, 4 tbsp of milk.

Directions:  Grate the two cheeses and put in a small saucepan.  Add the milk and heat until the cheese is absorbed, stirring continuously.  Let cool, then pour into a freezer proof container.  Place in the freezer for about 90 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up any ice crystals.

In the meantime, in a separate saucepan, heat up the gelatina extra di Falanghina.

Plate preparation.:  Ladle the gelatina soup into a deep dish.  Place two scoops of pecorino ice cream on top.  Drizzle a spoonful or two of the soup on top of the ice cream.  Sprinkle with homemade toasted croutons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment