Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, July 12, 2012

Info Post

Wikipedia: Serendipity means  a "happy accident" or "pleasant surprise"; specifically, the accident of finding something good or useful without looking for it. 


At home, after lunch, looking for something to cool me off...cool me down.  With temperatures in the 90s in Napoli I wanted something fresh.  I headed to my freezer, not really sure what I'd find.  Popsicle, no...ice cream sandwich. no way. 
What I did find was a piece of the Sorrento coast...aromas of a summer gone by. A bottle of wild fennel liqueur given to me by Giorgio Scarselli of Il Bikini in Vico Equense during my first  visit last summer to one a place that has become one of my favorite places on earth .  Keep it in the freezer, he told me.  I did. And on that particularly hot and humid afternoon, I was ready to take it out.
Pour it in a glass.
Take in the light aromas...taste the delicate flavors of wild fennel straight from the Scarselli's garden.  A garden that hugs the sea coast.  That enjoys the salty sunshine by day, a spectacular sunset in the evening, and the cool breezes by night.

 Grazie, Giorgio.  Now I have a little bit of Il Bikini at casa mia.



0 comments:

Post a Comment