Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, February 14, 2013

Info Post
Wikipedia: Serendipity means  a "happy accident" or "pleasant surprise"; specifically, the accident of finding something good or useful without looking for it.

Have you decide which  wine would you like with lunch?

I looked up from Kresios's impressive wine list/book at Alessandro Sacco, the restaurant's maitre d'. I wasn't really sure how to answer.  I was at Kresios to check out the restaurant, the bistrot, speak with Chef Giuseppe Iannotti and his staff and walk the vineyards.  Surprisingly I had too much running through my mind to pick out a wine that afternoon.  But I did know that I wanted something local and something easy.  How about a nice Barbera?  I asked. Barbera del Sannio.

Sacco returned with a bottle of Armonico 2010 Barbera Sannio Doc from Az. Vitivinicola Anna Bosco.  A small winery just 10 minutes up the road in Castelvenere (Bn).  He poured as I was jotting a few notes down about my appetizer.  Out of the corner of my eye, I couldn't help but notice this vino's color.  Ruby? Yes...dark, full.  I swirled it a bit to open it up, observe how it clung to the glass.  
Naso nel bicchiere.  Here I found intense deep fruity aromas-not dark cherry as an aglianico, though. Pleasant, sweet, easy.

Taste-smooth.  Very.  That's what makes Barbera so easy.  Flavorful, warm, no hint of tannins. No hint  whatsoever.  

The perfect wine to go with my full afternoon at Kresios.  Along with my chick pea soup, with mushrooms and smoked herring.  Along with an impromptu risotto lesson with Chef Iannotti.  Along with a walk in the vineyards.  Perfect. Easy.
Grazie, Alessandro.


0 comments:

Post a Comment